Designing, building and furnishing a luxury home in North Carolina should be a fun and fulfilling experience. From the design to the construction phases, every detail matters when it comes to building a custom home. Building your very own luxury home in North Carolina is an exciting venture, and backed with support from a knowledgeable team, bringing your unique ideas to life should be seamless.
Consider building a custom home as a long-term investment, which requires a lot of planning and patience. During construction, homeowners and home builders need to make informed decisions to avoid costly mistakes and adapt to potential problems. Luxury home buyers will benefit immensely by knowing enough about the building process as they strive to construct their dream home.
Building a Luxury Home in North Carolina
It’s easy to be struck by the glamorous models and renderings of luxury custom homes. However, home buyers need to consider crucial details such as how it would feel to live in such a home, its durability, storage options, level of comfort and their personal needs. These crucial factors come into play when you build your dream home:
Finding the Perfect Location
One of the first factors to consider when building a luxury home in North Carolina is its location. There are plenty of options here, from secluded lots where you can raise your family with plenty of privacy to fast-paced neighborhoods just a stone’s throw away from shopping malls and business centers. Some of the best locations for custom homes in the state include the following areas:
- Mint Hill: Dubbed “the seat of hometown hospitality,” this suburban town offers plenty of history and culture and is a great place to put down roots.
- Plaza Midwood: This is a laid-back, trendy neighborhood with a sparse suburban feel. The place features barbecue joints, intimate music venues, restaurants, parks and low-key dive bars.
- Marvin: Originally known as Union County’s equestrian section, Marvin offers luxury combined with impeccable amenities. You’ll find plenty of spacious lots and accessible locations to build your luxury home.
- Waxhaw: Waxhaw offers a more rural, small-town feel, but it was a prime destination for antique collectors. Residents quickly access shopping centers, parks, restaurants, ice cream parlors and breweries.
- Myers Park: This picturesque and friendly neighborhood features a wide variety of architecture featuring Tudor and Colonial Revival craftsmanship. You’ll be treated to tree-lined avenues and predominantly upscale restaurants.
- Weddington: The area is best known for its lush rolling fields and is regarded as the wealthiest town in North Carolina. The place has plenty of upscale neighborhoods and family-friendly destinations.
- Cotswold: This neighborhood offers a great mix of dining and shopping options. It features many large lots, perfect for building luxury homes.
Work on the Floor Plan
Work with a seasoned custom home builder when creating a building plan for your dream home. They can walk you through different models and renderings in their portfolio to give you a good feel about certain home designs. For instance, ask yourself if the site and floor plan gives your family enough privacy, what level of safety the home offers, if there is enough room for productivity, and whether the design accommodates any specific needs like a personal gym, pool, in-law suite, or family library.
Start with Function First
With each room of the home fulfilling a certain purpose, it helps to consider the features in a functional light. Whether you want spaces where the family can gather or areas for entertaining guests, defining the functional importance of each area helps to set the design in motion. Talk to your home builder and ask for suggestions to improve the functionality of each room as well as adding luxury details.
Your home should be a safe place for everyone living in it. It’s crucial to plan ahead and choose the security system that will work best for your home. Homeowners can install security features post-close. Part of the security system includes elements of a home that provide privacy. The types of locks on the doors and windows also provide a level of basic protection aside from adding high-tech security options.
There are details that homeowners sometimes overlook, such as the type of insulation that should be installed, the materials to be used for the walls, ceilings and floors and the paint job. However, you should pay attention to these details since they will cover a significant portion of your budget. In addition, the quality of the materials will also affect the durability of your home.
Planning Your Budget
Sticking to a budget during the building process can be challenging. Even though you may not have any problems with extra amenities or customizations, it will still be best to have a financial plan when building a custom home.
Your budget will determine the features of your dream home, from the electronics to the finishing touches. To help you get a good ballpark estimate, work with a seasoned custom home builder and prepare a list of must-have amenities. Your home builder can estimate each item on your list, which will help you determine your budget.
Plan for a Home Resale
Some might think it’s too early in the construction cycle to plan for a resale of a home. However, homeowners should plan years ahead. You never know when you might want to relocate. When designing your custom home, you should consider each facet you want to include and whether these amenities appeal to potential buyers. Think about the functional features and collective charm of your dream home that others will love.
Build Your Luxury Dream Home With Chelsea
Your custom luxury home should express your tastes and allow your individuality to shine. Building your dream home requires the right team, so would-be homeowners should work with knowledgeable custom home builders to get the best results.
At Chelsea, our team is committed to building your dream home with all the amenities you want while providing you and your family with a haven you can enjoy for years to come.
Our seasoned team can provide you with expert insight, personalizing your home’s design with the latest tech and industry options. We work closely with you to understand the design of the home you have envisioned. Reach out to us today, and our consultants will be more than happy to answer your questions.